Charles University was founded on April 7, 1348 by Charles IV, the Holy Roman Emperor and the King of Bohemia. It was located in Prague with four facultiesviz. Theology, Law, Medicine and Arts and was modeled on the University of Paris in France and achieved international renown within a very short time.
Thus the Charles University is one of the oldest European universities and also the oldest in Central Europe, being in existence for over six and a half centuries as at to date.
Faculty of Medicine in was established in October, 1945 as the first of the new medical faculties of the Charles University, coming into existence immediately after the end of the war. Hradec Králové Faculty was initially setup as a part of the First Faculty of Medicine of the Charles University in Prague
Medical degree study programs in General Medicine (6 years) and Dentistry (5 years) are arranged along the lines of theoretical, pre-clinical and clinical studies in theoretical and pre-clinical departments, clinical departments and institutes.
Republic of Belarus
Doctor of Medicine
Medium of Instruction– English
Intake(s) – September
Why Vitebsk State Medical University?
- One of the oldest ad reputed medical schools in Europe
- Recognized in all European Union Countries and does not need to sit for any licensing examination to practice as a medical doctor in EU countries.
- Charles University credits can be transferred to any university within the EU and EEA.
- The average student teacher ratio is 1:15
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
• Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG USA)
The educational process is conducted by a huge tutorial cadre of 500 persons among whom you find nearly 50 professors, 150 associate professors, 70 Doctors and 180 candidates of sciences. Library has a large number of books in all branches of knowledge in Russian and also other foreign languages. There is also a unique electronic library with new computer equipment and internet connections. The educational departments are equipped with modern apparatus for training, sets of plastic models and phantoms, complex medical-diagnostic equipment etc.
Students are provided accommodation in university’s own hostels. A dwelling block in hostel usually consists of double occupancy rooms, an attached kitchen, a bathroom and WC. Living conditions in hostels are of normal standards with central heating, hot water systems, gas, electricity and water supply. Students can have meals in the canteen or café during educational sessions. They may also prepare their meals individually or collectively in their hostel itself.