Grodno State Medical University – GRSMU
The Grodno State Medical University is the highest ranked Medical University in Republic of Belarus. GRSMU was established in 1958, the first enrollment of freshmen amounted to 250. Over the last 60 years, the university has produced over 16,000 medical graduates.
Republic of Belarus
Doctor of Medicine
Tuition Fee – USD
Medium of Instruction– English (Russian Language is Taught during the first three years for the purpose of Clinical Training in State Hospitals in Belarus.
Intake(s) – September
Why Grodno State Medical University?
- Grodno State Medical University is one of the leading medical universities in the Republic of Belarus.
- Grodno State Medical University got into the TOP 500 list of the world’s best universities.
- International students have been studying at the university since 1995. The University Started providing training in English during the whole period of studying in 2003. At present 531 international students from 30 countries study at the university.
- The university works in collaboration with educational and research centers of Poland, Germany, Russia and other countries.
- Students have opportunities to do practical training abroad.
- Grodno is an ideal place for living and studying. The atmosphere of coziness and friendliness gives you a sense of safety and comfort.
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) of USA
Grodno State Medical University has one of the biggest medical libraries in the country. It includes over 420,000 copies of textbooks as well as various supplementary materials, CDs, medical journals, periodicals. The library is connected to the Internet and offers on-line access to the biomedical database, digital catalogues, and also uses up-to-date informational technologies that provide diversified services. There is a comfortable canteen at the University with rich variety food.
Students are provided accommodation in university’s own hostels. A student hostel usually consists of double or triple occupancy rooms, an attached kitchen, a bathroom and a Toilet.
Living conditions in hostels are of good standards with central heating, hot water systems, gas, electricity and water supply. Students can have meals in the canteen or café during educational sessions. They may also prepare their meals individually or collectively in their hostel itself.
Private Accommodation – Students can live in private accommodations as well. This option is obviously expensive in comparison to university hostels, but they can select a variety of additional facilities (under the guidance of IMC staff in Belarus) as per their desire as well as budget.
Sports and Recreation Facilities
University has a well-equipped Gymnasium and sporting facilities within walking distance from the hostel and university main building. Indoor badminton courts, football practicing facilities are some of the other facilities that university provides for students. Belarusian Universities provide great place for the students to relax and engage in outdoor sports and recreation activities during their free time.