International Medical University – IMU
The International Medical University (IMU) is Malaysia’s first and most established private medical and healthcare university with over 25 years of dedicated focus in healthcare education. The University is the first university in Malaysia that offers conventional and complementary medicine, all under one roof. Established in 1992, the University enjoys an international reputation, and provides a high standard of education at undergraduate, Postgraduate and continuing professional development level.
IMU pioneered the world’s first Partner Medical School program, allowing a student to start their education in Malaysia while completing and earning a degree at an international university. Today, IMU is an integrated medical and healthcare institution, offering education, healthcare and research in partnership with some of the world’s most respected individuals and universities in the field of medicine and healthcare.
Malaysia and UK/Ireland/Australia/Canada/USA
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Tuition Fee – USD
* 5 years for MBBS in Malaysia / 5 To 6 years for a partner medical university in UK, Australia, Ireland, USA and Canada
Medium of Instruction– English (Bahsa Malaysia in taught during the first two years to facilitate clinical learning in Malaysian State and Private Hospitals)
Intake(s) – February and September
Why International Medical University – IMU?
- IMU is Malaysia’s first and most established private medical and healthcare university with over 20 years of dedicated focus in healthcare education
- IMU’s MBBS program has the highest number of faculty members, registered students and successful graduates of any other private medical schools in Malaysia
- IMU’s medical curriculum has been developed to meet high international standards
- Students are better prepared for patient care, horsemanship training and to become better doctors
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG USA)
The library has a seating capacity of 750 seats of various types with 11 discussion rooms. It contains more than 60,000 copies of printed books, 74,782 titles of e-books and more than 6,000 titles of online journals from 11 subscribed databases. The Medical Museum (MMS) is situated in the library and is a learning facility for all IMU students with many types of exhibits Students learn with the help of specimens, models or FLMs about the practical components of subjects like anatomy, pathology, microbiology, parasitology and immunology.
The IMU accommodation service is located at the Vista Komanwel/Covillea (Bukit Jalil), a condominium opposite of the IMU campus. The condominium is within easy walking distance of all teaching and research facilities in Bukit Jalil. All our accommodation is designed as individual condominium for students to share. Rooms can be either single room or twin sharing and the students share a kitchen/living / dining area with other housemates. Each accommodation unit comes fully furnished with refrigerator, microwave oven, jug kettle and kitchen cabinet, study table and chair, bookcase, single bed, mattress, 2-door wardrobe, ceiling fan in all rooms including living and dining area. Internet facilities are available in the hostel accommodation. All residents will have access to recreational facilities such as the gymnasium, swimming pool.