Kathmandu Medical College(Kathmandu University Degree)
KMC awards the MBBS qualification of Kathmandu University, one of the most prestigious state medical universities in Asia. Many Kathmandu University Medical Graduates are working in Sri Lanka and has one of the highest passed rates for ERPM examination of SLMC.
Since the university is conveniently located in the city of Kathmandu in Nepal which has similar culture and religion. Due to this reason KMC is popular among Sri Lankan students who want to study closer to home.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
* 4 ½ Years and one year internship
Medium of Instruction– English (Nepali language is taught during the first two years to facilitate clinical learning in Nepal State and Private Hospitals)
Intake(s) – September
Why Kathmandu Medical College?
- KMC is ranked amongst the best private medical colleges in Nepal affiliated to Kathmandu University
- The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a four and a half year integrated program followed by an internship training of one year
- As the university is located at the center of Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal,
- Faculty of KMC consists of highly qualified and experienced teaching staff from Nepal and India with the commitment of maintaining a quality and professional academic environment
- KMC Teaching Hospital, the premier super specialty medical institute of Nepal with a diversified patient in follow provides students with a comprehensive clinical training to uplift their clinical knowledge.
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG USA)
Kathmandu Medical College has two spacious libraries- one for Basic Sciences and the other for Clinical Sciences. They have adequate number of books as well as many general, scientific and medical journals. Multiple copies of text books, Internet/E-mail connection and photocopying facility make it easier for the students and staff to retrieve the information that they want.
Two hostel facilities are available for students
Hostel complex for 421 students it is KMC’s own building. Hostel at cafeteria block for 56 boys. The canteen provides wholesome food-both vegetarian and non-vegetarian in the hostel premises.
KMC have two girls’ hostel and one boy hostel for 128 students in rented building. There are two hostels at Sinamangal for girls. All the girls’ students of clinical depts. and some of basic science are accommodated here. A lady warden is responsible for the day to day management of the hostel. This is within walking distance from the hospital. All the clinical students of KMC wanting to stay in hostel are accommodated here. Mess facilities are available in both complexes. A member of the administrative staff has been deputed to care and facilitate the students.