MAHSA was founded in the year 2005 by Professor Tan Sri Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa who is Pro-Chancellor and Executive Chairman. Professor Haniffa is a clinical practitioner of Medicine whose vision involves the creation of a stronghold of academic excellence in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Business and Engineering in the South-East Asian region.
The new 48 acres campus in Bandar Saujana Putra is the embodiment of that vision. Today MAHSA University has students from 56 different countries. And not just from the region of Asia, but as far as Australia, United Kingdom, the United States of America and Canada.
MAHSA University’s Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Science offers the best modern and traditional modes of learning, which includes subject-based, system-synchronized curricula across all its programs.
MAHSA’s MBBS programme is a 5-year programme. It is divided into 2 phases, phase 1 comprises years 1 and 2 and phase 2 years 3 to 5.
The Phase 1 programme is largely conducted in the MAHSA University campus with some exposure to clinical medicine at Hospital Tanjung Karang.
The Phase 2 programme is the clinical phase and is almost entirely hospital and clinic based. The hospitals used are Hospital Sungai Buloh, Hospital Kuala Lumpur and Hospital Tanjung Karang. Students are also exposed to clinical training at Klinik Kesihatan AU2, Rawang Perdana, Taman Ehsan and Taman Medan. This ensures an eclectic mix of clinical training in major referral centers, community hospitals and primary care clinics.
The completion of this 5 year programme leads to a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree.
This programme is accredited by the MQA and is listed in the FAIMER WORLD DIRECTORY OF MEDICAL SCHOOLS.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
Tuition Fee – USD
Medium of Instruction– English (Bahsa Malaysia in taught during the first two years to facilitate clinical learning in Malaysian State and Private Hospitals)
Intake(s) – September
Why MAHSA University?
- Quality – The MBBS is designed in consultation with a panel of local and international experts, resulting in a highly sought after curriculum that combines theoretical learning and practical sessions in campus and hospitals.
- Clinical Exposure – Students of the MBBS gain experience in our panel of hospitals
- Recognition – The MBBS is approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Medical Council Malaysia and Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG USA)
Many student clubs, Societies and sporting activities for undergraduates to get engaed with fellow students. University also has a library with well stocked books related to medicine.
MAHSA, offers on campus residence, so you can be within easy and safe reach of the University’s facilities. It is a great way to meet friends and to immerse you in university life.
Varieties of rooms are available and are of great value. All rooms are fully furnished from single rooms to four-sharing rooms, with or without air conditioning, shared rooms and studios.
Our team of House Masters and House Matrons are on hand to ensure your wellbeing is taken care of and a 24-hour security team and CCTV cameras ensure that you will always be safe.