MSU – Management Science University-International Medical School (IMS)
MSU Medical Study Division the International Medical School (IMS) is committed to serving community, aiming to produce doctors and medical scientists attuned to community’s health needs. Comprising one campus in Shah Alam Malaysia and another in Bangalore India, IMS offers degree and diploma programs in Medical Sciences besides its main MBBS programme for Medicine and Surgery.
The International Medical School (IMS) of Management & Science University (MSU) comprises one campus in Shah Alam Malaysia and another in Bangalore India. IMS Shah Alam offers both the MBBS and medical sciences programs whereas IMS Bangalore offers only the MBBS programme. MBBS students of IMS Shah Alam may opt to transfer to IMS Bangalore.
MSU has developed a five year medical course featuring three phases of study through its International Medical School (IMS). They are namely Phase 1 (Year 1), Phase 2 (Year 2) and Phase 3 (Year 3, 4 & 5). Both Phases I and II are delivered through system-based modules. Phase III is conducted through discipline-based postings as below
While Years 1 & 2 focuses on basic medical sciences and offer 11 & 10 modules respectively, Year 3 focuses on Introduction to Basic Clinical Skills and knowledge. Later, Year 4 introduces different Specialties and the Year 5 concentrates on consolidation of the clinical skills and knowledge.
A module on Ethics and Medical Jurisprudence, Radiology and Community Medicine are delivered concurrently throughout the year of study.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Tuition Fee – USD
Medium of Instruction – English (Bahsa Malaysia in taught during the first two years to facilitate clinical learning in Malaysian State and Private Hospitals)
Intake(s) – September
Why International Medical School?
- The MBBS curriculum is designed in adherence to the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) guidelines and approval by MMC.
- In comparison to many medical schools in Malaysia, one of the key features of MSU’s MBBS program is the emphasis on clinical communication skills and early clinical contact visit to medical practices, community care facilities and hospitals.
- Small group teaching
- Self-directed learning
- Continuous medical education
- Clinical-pathological conference
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG USA)
Many student clubs, Societies and sporting activities for undergraduates to get engaged with fellow students. University also has a fully equipped fitness center and restaurants within the premises. University library is with well stocked with books related to medicine.
Accommodation for overseas students are available within a short distance from the main campus with modern facilities and secured environment.