Manipal University – Foundation in Science (FIS)
- Qualification Name – Foundation In Science
- Awarding Body – Manipal University (Melaka Manipal Medical College)
- Duration – 1 year
- Intakes – 2 intakes per year (Intake 1 – January / Intake 2 – June)
- Number of semesters – 3 semesters
- Entry requirement – GCE (O/Level) 5 Credit passes including English and Mathematics
Foundation in Science Subjects
|Semester 1||English 1, Biology, General Chemistry, Mathematics 1, English 2, Physics|
|Semester 2||Introduction to Psychology, Mathematics 2, Fundamentals of ICT, Basic Genetic, Basic Pharmacology|
|Semester 3||Basic Anatomy and Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Oral Biology|
Manipal University – Foundation in Science (FIS) is 1 year long program offered directly by Manipal University. Upon the successful completion of the FIS program students are given admission to world recognized Melaka Manipal Medical College (Manipal University) MBBS program.
A/Level Preparation – Manipal FIS program is designed in a way embedding London A/Level Cambridge curriculum in order to meet Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC) requirements. Students are prepared for London A/S Level and A/Level examinations at IMC, through this 1 year comprehensive study program. Experienced A/Level tutors from leading international schools conduct regular tutorial classes and examination preparation sessions which will assure success for students.