Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC)
Manipal University is a leader for medical education and Manipal MBBS has become a global brand successful medical professionals. The Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC) is a renowned private medical institution with a hallmark of academic excellence and an enviable track record in providing quality medical education.
The medical and dental programs at MMMC are carried out in collaboration with the esteemed Manipal University, India (formerly known as Manipal Academy of Higher Education) established in July 1993 when its professional colleges were granted university status, making it the first institute in the private sector to be recognized as a deemed university by the government of India.
Award Winning University
Melaka Manipal has won the prestigious Brand Laureate Awards for Corporate Branding in Education (Medicine) & it has also got the 6 Star rating in My Quest Health & Welfare Cluster (2011), Health & Welfare Cluster (2013), and International Students Readiness (2013). Thus Manipal medical qualification is considered as a well-recognized and one of the most prestigious medical degrees offered in the region. Manipal is ranked as the No 1 Private Medical College in India as well as ranked as No 2 in All India Medical Rankings.
India and Malaysia
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Tuition Fee – USD
Medium of Instruction– English (Bahsa Malaysia in taught during the first two years to facilitate clinical learning in Malaysian State and Private Hospitals)
Intake(s) – April and October
Why Study at MMMC?
- Worldwide recognition for Manipal Medical Graduates
- Almost 100% pass rate at ACT16/ERPM examination in Sri Lanka.
- The time spent in India giving the student a strong exposure to Basic Sciences and morbidity patterns related to the socio-economic status and cultural practices of another country
- Living in a multidisciplinary university campus at Manipal, and giving the student a unique cross-cultural experience and building confidence and independence
- Becoming a part of an esteemed educational system with an international reputation and worldwide alumni
- The clinical phase carried out in government hospitals in Malaysia where the students work with patients and staff from different ethnic backgrounds akin to their own. This allows for effective communication and rapport and seamless merger into the Malaysian health delivery system.
- Preparing the students for global competition.
- USMLE and MRCP training programs at MMMC prepares students to take up careers in USA and UK
- A wide range of recreational facilities
- Excellent air-conditioned individual hostel accommodation with attached bathrooms & Wi-Fi
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) of USA
MAP” – Manipal Museum of Anatomy & Pathology is the largest such museum in Asia where the students will frequently visit during their 1st phase of the program. Since the 1st phase of the program is conducted in India, actual cadavers are used for anatomy lessons and this is done in the dissection halls in groups. Health Science library is one of the largest in Asia and it consists of approximately 68,000 medical books. E- Library facility is also available for the students to upgrade their knowledge with the modern trends. Food court at Manipal provides a greater variety of food for the students. AS MMMC admits lot of international students, menus are available for them to cater their exact requirements.
Facilities at MMMC are absolutely alluring for any students. Melaka Manipal girls & boys International Student hostels are located within the campus premises. Students are provided with individual air conditioned state of the art hostel room facilities with attached bathrooms, WI–fi, laundry and many more facilities. Main university building is just few footsteps away from the student hostels.
Sports and Recreation Facilities
Marina Gymnasium is a world class sporting facility equipped with a fully-fledged gym, indoor running track, 5 indoor badminton courts , Tennis lawns, indoor football practicing facilities, indoor cricket pitches with bowling machines, squash courts, indoor basketball court and many more. Also the “End Point” which is breath taking vicinity at Manipal is a great place for the students to relax and engage in outdoor sports and recreation activities.