For nearly 40 years, SEGi University and Colleges has been the destination for high-achieving individuals to pursue their further studies. Choose from its wide range of programs, from Health Sciences to Creative Arts, and obtain an affordable and internationally-recognized Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD right here in Malaysia.
Available at our main campus in Kota Damansara, this programme is carefully shaped for those who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through better health by becoming a caring and knowledgeable doctor. As aspiring doctors, this programme prepares you for a challenging career ranging from the prevention, therapeutic and rehabilitative medicine. We strive to groom doctors to be lifelong learners who stay aware of technological advances in medicine to ensure the community receives appropriate and effective care
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
Tuition Fee – USD
Medium of Instruction– English (Bahsa Malaysia in taught during the first two years to facilitate clinical learning in Malaysian State and Private Hospitals)
Intake(s) – March and September
Why SEGi University?
- SEGi is one of the most affordable medical universities in Malaysia.
- Fully equipped modern laboratories SEGi provides a full range of laboratories such as the Anatomy Museum and Dissection Hall with real cadaveric specimens for practical classes.
- Early and extensive clinical exposure, SEGi curriculum combines a strong emphasis on theory and practice by introducing a wealth of clinical methodologies from Year 1 onwards and formal clinical training conducting from Year 3 onwards.
- Team based learning students are encouraged through a structured form of small-group learning that emphasizes application of knowledge in class through problem-based learning. SEGi academicians believe in learning facts through critical thinking as opposed to rote learning.
- Fully accredited by Malaysian Qualification framework (MQA)
Recognition and Accreditation
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG USA)
Accommodation includes on and off-campus options ranging from traditionally college residence (within the college premise) to modern shared apartments. With our extensive range of accommodation, there’s something to suit everyone. All accommodation is reasonably priced and conveniently located close to the campus. Our Student Service Centre (SSC) will assist you every step of the way offering friendly advice and information to help you find the right place to live.
The SEGi Residence Hall is located within the main campus so you get convenience and comfort. Students staying in the air-conditioned accommodation are provided with a bed, study table and chair, cupboard and fan. Shared facilities include television, lounge, toilets, cafeteria, convenience store and washing machines.
Private accommodation is also available for those who prefer to live off-campus. A list of private accommodation options can be obtained at the Student Service Centre.