Vitebsk State Medical University – VSMU
Vitebsk State Medical University is a premier medical institution in the Republic of Belarus today. Its origin dates back to November, 1934. Vitebsk State Medical University is one of the most famous government Medical Universities in Belarus. VSMU located in the city of Vitebsk was founded in November 1934 and started enrolling foreign students in 1981. It has been in existence for over 75 years. The academic curriculum is developed and maintained according to the European Qualification framework.
Medium of Instruction– English
Intake – September
Republic of Belarus
Doctor of Medicine
Tuition Fee – USD
Why Vitebsk State Medical University?
- State owned university which maintains a high level of education compatible with European standards.
- Total tuition fee less than Rs. 4 million. Hostel fees and cost of living, low and affordable in comparison to other countries of equal quality of living standards.
- Total student population of 7000 including more than 300 Sri Lankan students
- English medium curriculum
- Clinical training in state hospitals (20 teaching hospitals with a total bed capacity exceeding 10,700)
- Focused European standard education with 10:1 student-teacher ratio.
Recognition and Accreditation
Vitebsk State Medical University is rated high in the world-rating systems and its MD degrees are recognized by
- Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC),
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) of USA
The educational process is conducted by a huge tutorial cadre of 500 persons among whom you find nearly 50 professors, 150 associate professors, 70 Doctors and 180 candidates of sciences. Library has a large number of books in English, Russian and other foreign Languages.
There is also a unique electronic library with new computer equipment and internet connections. The educational departments are equipped with modern apparatus for training, sets of plastic models and phantoms, complex medical-diagnostic equipment etc.
The main clinical base of the VSMU comprises of four Regional Clinical Hospitals as well as its own clinic and other city clinics. The total number of beds in the clinical base is about 10700.
Students are provided accommodation in university’s own hostels. A dwelling block in hostel usually consists of double occupancy rooms, an attached kitchen, a bathroom and a Toilet.
Living conditions in hostels are of good standards with central heating, hot water systems, gas, electricity and water supply. Students can have meals in the canteen or café during educational sessions. They may also prepare their meals individually or collectively in their hostel itself.
Sports and Recreation Facilities
University has a well-equipped Gymnasium and sporting facilities within walking distance from the hostel and university main building. Indoor badminton courts, football practicing facilities are some of the other facilities that university provides for students. Belarusian Universities provide great place for the students to relax and engage in outdoor sports and recreation activities during their free time.